Transponder with IvAc[PDF]
To reduce pilot and controller workload and the need for controller/pilot communication, the number of code changes required of the pilot should be kept to the minimum.
Outside of specific cases given in this documentation, the transponder code assignment is free.
As ATC, be aware that you cannot assign a particular code to an aircraft outside your airspace.
Specific Transponder display
This image was created with special authorization from a supervisor in order to make this documentation.
Transponder status with IvAc
It is the responsibility of the active controller to check that a pilot correctly uses the STDBY/TX position of his transponder. He shall instruct the transponder change only if the pilot forgets to select the correct position.
All pilots must:
- Set transponder to STDBY position before connecting to the IVAO network
- Set transponder to STDBY position on apron and during taxiing
- Set transponder to TX position when cleared entering on runway for departure, and at the latest before take-off
- Keep transponder to TX position while flying
- Set transponder to STDBY position after vacating the landing runway
Aircraft call sign may be displayed, depending on the IvAc settings
There are only two representations of the transponder mode when the aircraft is in TX or alticoder mode:
- Mode A transponder with no pressure altitude information
This representation is also valid for N, X and I modes. The aircraft identification is always active in IvAp.
- Mode C or Mode S transponder with pressure altitude information
This representation is also valid for P mode. The aircraft identification is always active in IvAp.
Aircraft Identification with transponder
As an air traffic controller in a large zone, you may not easily locate an aircraft quickly.
When receiving a transponder IDENT request, a pilot will press the IDENT button on his instrument. When the radar equipment receives the IDENT, it results in the aircraft's blip blinking on the radar scope.
- VID 150259 - Creation
- VID 150259 - Wiki integration
DATE OF SUBMISSION
- 23:57, 19 January 2022
- This documentation is copyrighted as part of the intellectual property of the International Virtual Aviation Organisation.
- The content of this documentation is intended for aviation simulation only and must not be used for real aviation operations.