Radio Navigation Aids[PDF]
Standard radio navigation aids
The standard radio navigation aids are:
- Instrument Landing System - ILS (Beacon)
- Former navigation technologies
- Satellite Navigation - Introduction
- VHF Omnidirectional Range - VOR (Beacon)
- Non-directional beacon - NDB (Beacon)
- Distance Measurement Equipment - DME (Beacon)
- Marker Beacon (Beacon)
Aerodrome control towers and units providing approach control service shall provide information on the operational status of radio navigation services essential for approach, landing and take-off at the aerodrome(s) with which they are concerned, on a timely basis consistent with the use of the service(s) involved.
- ICAO Documentation Annex 10 - Aeronautical Telecommunications - Volume I - Radio Navigation aids - 6th Edition July 2006
- VID 150259 - Creation
DATE OF SUBMISSION
- 17:28, 16 November 2019
- This documentation is copyrighted as part of the intellectual property of the International Virtual Aviation Organisation.
- The content of this documentation is intended for aviation simulation only and must not be used for real aviation operations.