Make a direct to NDB navigation aid[PDF]
This is a chart showing:
- The aircraft coloured in orange
- Non-Directional Beacon - NDB: MUSKOKA YQA 272
- MUSKOKA airfield: CYQA
The goal of the example is to go direct YQA NDB from the present position
Automatic Direction Finder
In order to properly fly to this NDB, please refer to the following page: Automatic Direction Finder
Flying inbound a NDB
Establish the reception of the NDB
- Tune the NDB frequency on the ADF frequency selector
- Verify that the ADF instrument is updated (arrow was moving from standby position to the beacon)
Turn to the beacon
Overflying the NDB
The figure below shows two intermediate positions and the last position after flying over the NDB.
Go forward from the beacon
- VID 150259 - Creation
- VID 200696 - Wiki integration
DATE OF SUBMISSION
- 02:26, 14 May 2021
- This documentation is copyrighted as part of the intellectual property of the International Virtual Aviation Organisation.
- The content of this documentation is intended for aviation simulation only and must not be used for real aviation operations.