IFR Approach procedure - Intermediate approach segment[PDF]
Where a final approach fix (FAF) or a final approach point (FAP) is specified, the intermediate approach segment begins when the aircraft is on the inbound track of the procedure turn, base turn, or final inbound leg of the racetrack procedure.
It ends at the FAF or FAP. Where no FAF is specified, the inbound track is the final approach segment.
During the intermediate approach, the obstacle clearance requirement reduces from 300m (984ft) to 150m (492ft) in the primary area.
- IFR arrival and approach procedure, IFR Approach procedure - Initial approach segment, IFR Approach procedure - Final approach segment
- ICAO Documentation 8168 - Aircraft Operations - Volume I - Flight Procedures - 6th Edition 2010 - Section 4 - Chapter 4
- VID 150259 - Creation
- VID 531824 - Wiki Integration
DATE OF SUBMISSION
- 01:01, 14 May 2021
- This documentation is copyrighted as part of the intellectual property of the International Virtual Aviation Organisation.
- The content of this documentation is intended for aviation simulation only and must not be used for real aviation operations.