- 1 Introduction
- 2 Theoretical exams
- 3 Practical exams
- 4 Special procedure for exams of Staff members
- 5 Observation of practical exams
- 6 Cheating
- 7 Exams for user with disabilities
- 8 Rating transfer
- 9 See also
- 10 Reference
- 11 Author
The organization of pilot and ATC exams is quite similar.
Then, when required by the rating table, the exam consist of the success of:
- Theoretical MCQ exam and
- Online Practical exam(s) (ATC or Pilot)
The exam can be accessed via the main examination page : Link to examination page
- No delay between theoretical and practical parts of the same level, as far as the theoretical exam is marked as success,
- 15 days for practical exams evaluated and validated between 51/100 and 74/100 (50/100 to 70/100 for theoretical exams),
- 30 days for practical exams evaluated and validated between 1/100 and 50/100 (5/100 to 45/100 for theoretical exams),
- 90 days for exams evaluated and validated with 0/100,
- 60 days, after a successful exam, and starting the next higher level.
Pilot examination summary table
The Exam to be taken will follow the table below:
|Pilot Rank||Required Hours||Theoretical Exam||Practical Exam|
|Flight Student 3||25||Ivap exam||None|
|Private Pilot||50||PP theoretical||PP practical|
|Senior Private Pilot||100||SPP theoretical||SPP practical|
|Commercial Pilot||200||CP theoretical||CP practical|
|Airline Transport Pilot||750||ATP theoretical||ATP practical 1 +|
ATP practical 2
ATC examination summary table
The Exam to be taken will follow the table below:
|ATC Rank||Required hours||Theoretical Exam||Practical Exam|
|ATC Student 3||25||Ivac exam||None|
|Aerodrome Controller||50||ADC theoretical||ADC practical|
|Approach Controller||100||APC theoretical||APC practical|
|Aera Centre Controller||200||ACC theoretical||ACC practical|
|Senior Controller||1000||SEC theoretical||SEC practical 1 +|
SEC practical 2
How to find theoretical exam
Any theoretical exam shall be run in IVAO website by checking your examination status on your IVAO profile under My Personal Details link at the bottom of your profile, or directly in your own examination page.
Theoretical exam Process
- All questions are based on ICAO Rules and Regulations if not stated otherwise in the question.
- Each question includes from 3 to 6 proposed answers among which only one is correct.
- You have a maximum of 45 minutes to fill in the examination paper
- Should you exceed this limit, the exam will be automatically recorded as failed and noted 0 point.
- MCQ exams are automatically corrected
Theoretical exam evaluation
- each question will be scored 0 point when the answer is failed
- each question will be scored 5 points when the answer is success
- The pass-mark for the exam is 75 points with a maximum of 100 points (corresponding to at least 15 correct answers).
Disconnection and not saving issue during theoretical exam
In order to shorten the time for applying again, members should save their answers on a regular basis so as to avoid the exam being marked 0 point if a disconnection or a time out happen.
- Go to your exam page
- Click on the exam number whose status is marked as “Created” to assess the Take exam submit button.
Feel free to specify in the “comments” part of the exam form everything that could be important, such as your availability (dates, hours) or chosen position only for ATC exams.
Your exam will be assigned to an examiner of your division (DIR, ADIR, TC, TAC or TAx) or to an HQ training examiner (TD,TAD,SRTA).
When all examiners of the considered active division do not have the required rating for the requested exam, the training directors (TD/TAD) will assign it manually to an examiner from another division or to an examiner belonging to the HQ-Training Staff.
ATC and Pilot exam briefing guides
These guides provide the necessary information with regard to exam requirements and progress. You shall consult your division web site or contact your division training coordinators (TC/TAC) about any specific examination rules applicable for your division.
Evaluation and validation of practical exam
Fulfilment of exam tasks will be explained in detail during the debriefing part of the exam and summarised in the exam remarks field. Some details and comments will also be added by your examiner for the attention of the validator.
Be also aware that exam result is not set before it has been validated. As soon as your exam is validated, it is registered as “Success” or “Failed”. You will be able to take it again (if failed) or take the next (if success) according to the general rules indicated above. Rating is automatically updated, within 24 hours, when a successful practical exam has been validated.
Special procedure for exams of Staff members
The planned date and time of the exam of any staff member shall be announced to the HQ Training Department not less than seven days prior to the exam. Shorter reporting times can be accepted if reasonable circumstances are present.
The HQ Training Department shall assign an approval number which has to be mentioned in the exam report by the examiner. Exam reports without that approval number may be rejected during validation.
Observation of practical exams
Rule: The presence of observers on TeamSpeak channels during practical exams is submitted to the following procedure:
- Member(s) who wish to listen to exams on dedicated (“private”) TeamSpeak channels shall be authorised by the examiner. The examiner may accept or deny the presence of one or several observers at his discretion, the examiner will also have to request the examinee's agreement before granting any observer.
- The above rule don't apply to “public” TeamSpeak channels where normal control is provided in addition to exam monitoring. Consequently, if examiners want to preserve exam confidentiality for non public part of examination, they shall create dedicated (“private”) TeamSpeak channels.
- other training staff members of the same division (including the division's DIR and ADIR)
- HQ-Training staff members
Allowed observer shall inform the examiner and the applicant of their presence. Examiners shall grant access to them and, in case they restrict TeamSpeak channel access for whatever reason, must ensure they can be contacted by chat for giving them the possibility to enter the exam channel.
The presence of any members who do not own the tested rating must be restricted. We leave at the examiner's discretion depending on its relevance for training purposes only.
- The Exam will be marked 0 points.
- HQ training department will block you from doing any exam for a period of 12 months minimum
- HQ training department will issue a suspension of 6 months, as stated in the suspension table.
Exams for user with disabilities
To be eligible to make a special exam, contact your Division Director and Assistant Director, as well as HQ Training Director and HQ Training Assistant Director.
The procedure for a rating transfer from real-world licences or rating on other networks may be viewed at the page Rating transfer.
- HQ Training Directors
- VID 150259 - Wiki Integration
DATE OF SUBMISSION
- Timestamp is not found!
- This documentation is copyrighted as part of the intellectual property of the International Virtual Aviation Organisation.
- The content of this documentation is intended for aviation simulation only and must not be used for real aviation operations.