Daytime and night[PDF]
Daytime and night definition in aeronautical terms is defined as:
- Daytime ends when the sun is less than 6° below the horizon
- Nigh time ends when the sun is 6° below the horizon
With this definition, it has been agreed that night:
- Starts 30min after sunset at the latitudes between 30° and 60°
- Starts 15min after sunset at the latitudes between 0 and 30°
- Ends 30min before sunrise at the latitudes between 30° and 60°
- Ends 15min before sunrise at the latitudes between 0 and 30°
- VID 150259 - Creation
- VID 150259 - Wiki integration
DATE OF SUBMISSION
- 00:11, 14 May 2021
- This documentation is copyrighted as part of the intellectual property of the International Virtual Aviation Organisation.
- The content of this documentation is intended for aviation simulation only and must not be used for real aviation operations.