This documentation will introduce the general theory to deal with a DME arc.
- The heading change is 30° for DME arc from 10NM to 20NM
- The heading change is 20° for DME arc from 20NM to 35NM When approaching the exiting radial, anticipation should be calculated as to establish on this radial.
Anticipation with DME Arc
- As low as 60°, therefore anticipation should be slightly lowered
- As high as 120°, therefore anticipation should be slightly increased.
As it is easier to determine our position by getting the current radial than knowing how much distance has been traveled, here is a formula to convert a distance into an angle:
Effect of the wind
The drift can be calculated using this formula:
There are other methods like “twist 10° turn 10°”, “twist 15° turn 15°” or “twist 20° turn 20°” but these are more complicated.
- VID 200696 - Creation
- VID 531824 - Wiki Integration
DATE OF SUBMISSION
- 23:25, 13 May 2021
- This documentation is copyrighted as part of the intellectual property of the International Virtual Aviation Organisation.
- The content of this documentation is intended for aviation simulation only and must not be used for real aviation operations.