Calculated take-off time[PDF]
If the assigned time slot is missed by the pilot, a new CTOT has to be requested to the controller. The pilot shall bear in mind that priority is given to aircraft which are respecting the assigned slot.
The circumstances that require different priority rules include :
- exclusion of certain traffic flows that enter but do not reduce the capacity of the location of the measure
- exclusion or forcing of specific flights in order to reduce excessive individual delays and optimise the use of capacity
- exclusion and prioritization of specific flights that are not able to benefit from rerouting measures due to overflight permissions or similar constraints
The following flights are exempted from ATFM measures:
- flights carrying Heads of State (or equivalent status);
- flights engaging in fire fighting
- flights conducting search and rescue operations;
- flights for life critical medical emergencies evacuations
- flights approved for exemption from ATFM measures by the appropriate ATS authority
- a slot tolerance is a window of time around a CTOT available to ATC which the aircraft must not depart outside
- ATS units shall provide all possible assistance to operators to meet ATFM slots or to coordinate a revised ATFM slot
In America, the CTOT is issued by the ATCSSC (Air Traffic Control System Command Center) using very similar procedures.For example, if the assigned CTOT is 10h15, the aircraft cannot take off before 10h10 and after 10h25
Use of CTOT on IVAO
Several cases may be envisaged:
- In the case of a specific event, a booking form is available on the internet site of the event. Each booked flight is associated with a CTOT and the controllers must respect the CTOT list generated over the whole booking phase.
- In the case of heavy load on a platform, the controller may issue a CTOT to help the regulation of departures.
If the pilot is ready on time, ATC must handle the traffic in order to make the aircraft taking off within the assigned time slot.
- VID 150259 - Creation
- VID 446375 - Update
- VID 531824 - Wiki Integration
DATE OF SUBMISSION
- 00:57, 14 May 2021
- This documentation is copyrighted as part of the intellectual property of the International Virtual Aviation Organisation.
- The content of this documentation is intended for aviation simulation only and must not be used for real aviation operations.