An AIRPROX may occur as a result of ATC clearances, a Level Bust or Airspace Infringement.
precisely the same as a comparison of their definitions demonstrates. Whereas an NMAC is always anAIRPROX, an AIRPROX is not necessarily a NMAC.
ICAO defines a series of classifications for AIRPROX events.
This means that only the residual risk after any avoiding action is considered.
- A - Risk of collision: aircraft proximity in which a serious risk of collision has existed.
- B - Safety not assured: aircraft proximity in which the safety of the aircraft may have been compromised.
- C - No risk of collision: aircraft proximity in which no risk of collision has existed.
- D - Risk not determined: aircraft proximity in which insufficient information was available to determine the risk involved, or inconclusive or conflicting evidence precluded such determination.
Reporting and Investigation of an AIRPROX
ICAO requires the establishment of AIRPROX reporting and investigation procedures. National authorities establish a special committee to investigate AIRPROX reports which allocates the actual risk classification and to recommend further action
- VID 150259 - Creation
- VID 150259 - Wiki integration
DATE OF SUBMISSION
- 00:26, 14 May 2021
- This documentation is copyrighted as part of the intellectual property of the International Virtual Aviation Organisation.
- The content of this documentation is intended for aviation simulation only and must not be used for real aviation operations.